3.26.2015

DANDELIONS + ORANGES

We are taking full advantage of this nice weather during tax season. I was nervous for tax season to start + having two kids this year. I won't say I'm rocking it. My house still has its days (weeks), I avoid ironing Zach's shirts until he is closet is close to bare + I have slacked off in the exercise department so much that I don't think it is fair to even say it exists.

BUT... The kids and I are not going stir crazy just sitting in the house starring at each other like I feared + we are happy. There are so many things I can fail at or not be perfect at, but if my little family of four is happy I'm going to call it a WIN. We have been up to a lot of fun things, a big thanks to those who keep us included: Zoo, Aquarium, Museum of Natural Curiosity, Park x 1000, Library (guys, I finally got a library card. I was always so nervous to go to the front desk + ask. So I would read books to Q at the library and then leave. Now we are allowed to take them home, it's like Christmas morning!), Discovery Gateway, IKEA x 1000, Target x 1000, Trader Joes, Gymnasitcs Class, Cinderella Movie, Playdates with friends + cousins, Picnics for lunch + dinner....We still find time for me to read lots of books from home, paint, color, play princesses, play pretend with the dollhouses + Netflix for Q every morning while I feed Emelia and get ready for the day.

We are Winning. Zach comes home every Monday night for FHE, which I have loved. During Scripture time Quincy says [1 Nephi 3:7 I will go and Do] [2 Nephi 2:25 Adam fell that men might be] ["Following the Prophet is always right." who says that? Sister McConkie, she is my friend] because when we try and teach her a new scripture she gets nervous about leaving the old one behind. I'm nervous to what scripture study will look like with her as a teenager if she has to recite every scripture she knows... could turn into a long night. But we love her for her sincerity + sweetness. She also still prays that we will stay dry-- that is probably why I can't remember when the last accident she had.


She is working on learning site words she has [the--and--to--little] down perfect and a few others half the time. She has lots of books memorized + if she wants to know what a word is she will ask, "What's that word say?" She knows her full name + Emelia's + can spell her first + is practicing on writing it. She knows her birthday as well as Emelia's. Sings + Dances. Goes to the stairs to have "Think about it time" at least 2 a day, usually for pushing Emelia over or not using a kind voice (whining). But will always yell to tell me when she is done thinking about it + is quick to make her amends.

Emelia is still as sweet as can be. She has a cute personality + really will do anything for a laugh. You can get her to laugh at pretty much anything. Q is her Idol. She hangs on her every word + move. She shows little interest in crawling but spends lots of time rolling, and she can roll fast. If I leave her on the floor in a room for a minute I usually come back to her under the bed or a chair laughing when she sees me. [Q and I call her our little rolly polly] She plays peek a boo if she ever has a blanket or towel in her hand. She waves hello, signs milk + is doing a great job with her infant potty training. Yes, I am crazy... yes, the haters are gonna hate for my parenting ways, but Q taught us so much + Emelia is doing better than Q at this age because of our trial and error with Q. I thought for sure I was not going to do it with E because Q showed the signs before I gave it a second thought. But turns out I really like it. Emelia also loves to eat and chews/drools on everything. She has two bottom teeth and her top teeth seem to be at the surface but not showing any signs of coming through. She is great with her schedule even though 1/2 of her naps she is required to take it in her car seat. She is our gem. She keeps me calm + makes me smile more than ever before. The girls love to be near each other, if I take E upstairs for her nap Q will ask 10 minutes later, "Where is Emelia?" She loves to be the one to go wake her up + always wakes her up with an energetic, "Hello pretty girl, are you not sleepy anymore?" They are "learning" to share + Q likes to give out hugs anytime she feels they were warranted.

That was long. I wish I could bottle both of them up and keep them at each stage forever.

Today, we had a picnic out in our backyard for lunch + while I was with Q picking Dandelions, Emelia stole an orange and was gnawing it with a death grip. We had to keep swapping out oranges when she would get a mouth full of orange peel. It was quite entertaining for both Q + I.

Love these lazy afternoons, I know they won't last forever when they become more involved with school + activities. So I am going to relish in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment