10.01.2013

She had a birthday... shout HOORAY!!!



This last year has flown by and I have bitter sweet feelings about it. She is such a joy and brings so much happiness into our lives. Her little personality is more than my heart can take sometimes!

Quincy waves at everyone and blowing kisses means putting her palm to her mouth and licking it, gross but adorable. She can say Dada, a version of Mama mixed with Baba, OH, Oh no, yaya, and fake laugh. She can sign more, water, and milk really good. She blows on all of her food even if it is cold---because I do it to her food that is hot.

She is so obedient for being so tiny, she helps me pick up her toys before we leave the room, she goes down for her naps and bedtime without a fuss, and she loves to help me fold clothes (meaning I drop things on the ground and she will run over, pick it up, and hand it to me).

And on the other hand she can be so naughty... She goes behind the chair in our living room and will sit there waiting for me to come get her because she knows she is not supposed to play with plugs (electricity..OUCH!), she crawls on the hearth of our fireplace and will sit there quietly waiting for me to tell her no as she giggles and crawls off fast, and so many other quirky things she has made habit. But I wouldn't trade her for anything! She loves her daddy and he loves her so much! Zach is so sweet with her, sometimes I wonder how he chooses her outfits when he gets her ready, but other than that is rocking this Dad thing. He makes up the weirdest songs and she will dance along smiling as big as she can like it's her favorite song and she is so happy he is singing it.
We celebrated with Zach and I's family. We kept it pretty simple, I purchased Jimmy Johns sandwich bread the night before (did you know they are only like $1 for day old bread & if you go right before closing it is that days bread.) I froze it until about 30 minutes before the party started so it stayed fresh. We had family help being toppings for the sandwiches (Zach wanted them to be more gourmet, so we had some fun toppings), as well as fruit, veggies, and chips. My sister came and helped me make a cake for Quincy to smash into and cupcakes for everyone else. Well, the cousins enjoyed smashing Q's cake for her because she wanted nothing of the sort but was very happy with a cupcake. She was definitely spoiled by everyone. Lots of cute clothes, books, toys, and a shopping cart to help her walk. She enjoyed helping her Papa put it together for her. And she was more than happy to just have boxes! I did a little photo shoot of her to print and use as decorations.
On her actual birthday it was just the 3 of us, and we made her favorite food: Salmon, brown rice, steamed broccoli, and a cookie for dessert. (Where did this girl come from with the healthiness?) She loved it and then we played and read books all night, ending with a bubble bath. We love this tiny goose so much! Heres to another year! -CC

No comments:

Post a Comment